Warning: Illegal string offset 'custom_page_theme_template' in /homepages/15/d277542347/htdocs/timschreckengost/wordsaboutbirds/wp-content/plugins/custom-page/custom-page.php on line 345
I’ve been beta testing BirdsEye Hotspots for iOS, a co-produced app by BirdsEye Birding and Nemesis Code, for a few weeks now. I use it multiple times a day when I’m birding. It comes in handy when I’m not entirely sure where a birding hotspot is located or when I want to bird somewhere new. The app is essential for a fun-filled, smooth day of birding! (P.S. This will be crucial for navigating to spots during a Big Day.)
BIRDSEYE HOTSPOTS: Worldwide hotspot finding
BirdsEye Hotspots is a simple tool for birders. It makes it quick and easy to find nearby hotspots so you can quickly get there and start birding!
- County listers rejoice! Always know which county you are in and which county your hotspots are in.
- Get driving, walking and transit directions to any hotspot worldwide in your favorite apps. Hotspots currently works with many of the popular map and navigation apps.
- Link directly to the new BirdsEye apps to view local abundance charts of the birds found at each hotspot. (requires BirdsEye NA or any of the other regional BirdsEye apps)
- One tap button to copy the latitude and longitude of a hotspot or your current location to quickly share with others.
- Local weather data – you need to know what the conditions will be when searching for your next birding spot. That spot that is excellent in sunny conditions can be brutal when its stormy while rainy weather can prompt you to head to nearby lakes to look for waterfowl.
- Sunrise and sunset times so you always know how much more daylight you have to twitch that rarity.
- World wide access to eBird hotspots
Note: Requires WiFi or data connection to access hotspot data.
THE BOTTOM LINE: Every birder should own this app. For $4.99 you can’t beat it!